A male 25-year-old CELT-certified, B.A. Graduate with three years’ experience who is looking for ESL-teaching work this summer.
The English Centre, 95 Avd. Tres Forques, Valencia, Spain (October 2015-Present)
• In my current position I am teaching children as young as seven and adults of varying levels, from a general English elementary course to PET and FCE exam preparation courses.
Native English Academy, Valencia, Spain (September 2014-July 2015)
• Taught a mixture of young children (7-9), teenagers (12-13) and adults.
• I was involved in numerous auxiliary activities. From academic duties such as the running and correcting of mock Cambridge writing and speaking exams, parent-teacher meetings, observing senior teacher's classes to helping with extra-curricular social events.
• Increased my confidence in my teaching ability by holding weekly group lesson planning (with experienced ESL teachers) and bi-monthly observations followed by immediate feedback/coaching sessions with the Director of studies.
Kinh Bac University, Bắc Ninh City, Vietnam (March 2014-June 2014)
• I taught speaking classes for four months at a Vietnamese University. The job entailed creation of speaking tasks, games and activities to help students practice previously covered grammar and language, with the goal of improving the students’ pronunciation, general communicative abilities and confidence.
• Classes varied in size from 10-30 students and in level from A1 to B1.
Ministerio de Educación Cartagena, Murcia, Spain (October 2013-January 2014)
• I worked as part of the auxiliar de conversacíón program in Cartegena, teaching in two schools.
• I taught 1st and 2nd Class (6-8 year olds) in CEIP Atalaya, Avenida. del Cantón, s/n Plan Parcial Rambla, a bilingual primary School.
• I worked solely with First years (12/13 year olds) in IES Isaac Peral Escuela Secundaria, Paseo Alfonso XIII, a secondary school.
CELT teacher training course in Bridge Mills Galway Language Centre (July 2013)
A 140-hour, 4-week course, consisting of and assessed by:
• Lesson observations in actual ESL classrooms with bona-fide overseas students and experienced teachers.
• Individual and Group project work.
• 6 hours of assessed teaching practice and 7 half-hour feedback sessions with an assessor.
B.A. (Honours) Heritage Studies from Galway Mayo Institute of Technology (2009-2013)
• This was a B.A. course which focused on Ireland´s rich natural, built, oral and literary past.
• Subjects included; Archaeology, Irish History, Literature, Geography, Linguistics, Folklore and I took Spanish as an elective.
• I spent third year at the Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain on an Erasmus exchange.
• I was awarded a 1.1 Degree and ´Student of the Year'.
• I have a passion for Sports, Fitness and Nutrition. I have always liked to keep fit and I have been a member several sports clubs in Ireland, Spain and Vietnam.
• A love of travel and new experiences. I have travelled in Asia, Australia, Europe and the US.
• Languages and Culture; I have an Intermediate level Spanish.