My experience has served me to value the opportunity to learn to be as competent as possible at any discipline, respecting teamwork and contributing to a joint effort.
My objectives are within the linguistic framework; that means I am interested in the teaching of languages (English, Spanish & French) as a tutor for teenagers and Bachelor's Degree students. However, I do not rule out the possibility of working on issues related to the translation into Spanish of texts written in English and French. Apart from offering interpretation services, narrations, recordings of audio tracks and video productions, I am also a copywriter and editor of Spanish texts of any genre and subject.
On the other hand, it is important to mention that inside of the field of the electricity I consider myself an authentic professional by vocation. In fact, since I was very young I always have been working in order to maintain certain facilities in single-family homes, leisure and free time locations, local buildings, warehouses, etc. Not only I am a professional technician titled with Academic formation of Higher Degree, but also I have a great experience in the area of home automation, as well as in the wiring and programming of systems of all types.
Finally, talking about my hobbies, I have been playing as goalkeeper inside of the football team of La Pedraja de Portillo (Valladolid) for several seasons. Apart from this sport which I practice since I was a child, I also have been participating in certain bullfighting celebrations such as "capeas" (Gladius Bullfighter) and bull runs in different events that take place throughout the year in different towns of the province of Valladolid: Mojados, Portillo, Arrabal, La Pedraja, Villanubla, Peñaflor de Hornija, etc. Apart from these two interests in particular, I am also a rap artist (MC) who works as a volunteer in Cruz Roja Española.
“I am constant at work, always showing a responsible attitude. I trust on my professional values and I am available every day of the week!“
Since I started my English Studies Degree (September 2012), I have always paid attention to those students who have more difficulties while learning a foreign language. I have also represented my class group, as a delegate, during several academic years at University of Valladolid (Spain).
As a result, I consider that my work experience is very useful, and also crucial to adapt my teaching methodology or resources to each person, depending on the level of knowledge that is required on each context. Finally, I believe that I am a good mediator when it comes to make the students work the different cognitive processes. In other words, I have enough talent to make students interact the others by using quite enjoyable tasks and exercises, which are based in the use of Hip-Hop music as an interdisciplinary approach -a really funny and effective way of learning any language for children and teenagers-.
Nowadays, we live in a world that is very competent in all senses. In fact, communication processes are very important in any kind of work or businesses that exist in our society. As a result, learning a foreign language increases the opportunities you will face in the future. It is not only a way of establishing contact with other cultures and traditions, but also a very powerful tool to defend yourself at any context.
If you have intentions to acquire new skills speaking Spanish, do not be afraid to start from the beginning. You will be able to understand this tongue if you establish a constant and progressive approach of yourself. It is true that the origins of Spanish culture deal with the dialects which derive from Latin, but it is not difficult to comprehend by using basic and common expressions and interactions. Spanish is one of the most popular languages among language learners. It is a language that sounds very good, is widely used, and has many other advantages, which makes this language one of the most prominent options available. Here are ten reasons to start learning Spanish today.
1. It is one of the most spoken languages
According to most estimates, Spanish is the mother tongue of more than 400 million people worldwide, equivalent to approximately six percent of the world population. As a result, it is officially recognized as the second most spoken language in the world, in terms of native speakers, ahead of English.
2. It is a language with a bright future
In terms of popularity, Spanish shows no signs of decline. Quite the contrary: the total number of speakers that has been constantly increasing in the last decade. A recent report released by the British Council ranks Spanish as the second most important language for British citizens to learn, outpacing French, Arabic and Mandarin.
3. It will improve your job opportunities
In today’s global marketplace, mastering a second language can be a valuable asset to both employers and employees. Modern businesses always want to have staff members who can help them with international trade and the Spanish language has a special value in the current situation.
4. Your travel experience will be much better
Traveling is one of the most enriching experiences that can be lived. In addition, the quality of the experience will significantly improve thanks to the possibility of speaking Spanish.
5. You could work or study abroad
Although taking a trip is very exciting in itself, learning Spanish will give you the opportunity to work in a Spanish-speaking country and study at academic institutions in those countries. Getting out of your comfort zone and spending long periods in a foreign country can help you develop professionally and personally.
6. You will have more options to entertain yourself
Many of the most important films of the last 30 years have been produced in Spanish and, although available with English subtitles, watch these films in the original language it is the best way to enjoy them.
7. People who speak two languages often experience various health benefits
Numerous studies, including one from the University of Ghent (Belgium), have shown that acquiring a second language can help delay the onset of diseases such as Alzheimer’s and can postpone symptoms of dementia.
8. Spanish is relatively easy to learn
Compared to many other languages, Spanish is fairly easy for an English speaker to learn, as long as they are willing to make an effort, since there is no need to learn a new alphabet and there is less emphasis on tone than in many of the Asian languages.
9. You will be able to better understand your first language
Believe it or not, numerous studies have shown that learning a second language can improve a student’s understanding of their native language. If you think about it carefully, it makes a lot of sense, since to learn a second language you need to pay close attention to linguistics or “the rules”.
10. You will have a lot of fun learning Spanish
Finally, perhaps the best reason to learn Spanish is that it is a funny and rewarding process. Learning a language will give you an unparalleled sense of self-fulfillment and is also a skill that can benefit you for the rest of your life.
*** IDIOMAS J. TOQUERO ***
José Manuel Toquero Martín
----- Bilingual Tutor / Professional Translator (EN-FRSP) / Copywriter & Editor / Audiovisual Producer -----
Fundraiser in Cruz Roja Española since 2014 / Hip Hop Artist
COMPETENCES, SKILLS & WORK VALUES
Responsibility, Perseverance, Commitment, Teamwork, Leadership, Solidarity
Professional translator −titled with certificates from University of Valladolid (Spain)− with relevant work experience in the following fields:
Law, Economics, Sciences, Technology, Medicine, Institutional Documents
- Spanish (Native Language / Castilian)
- English (English Philologist / Bilingual Teacher / Translator [EN-FRSP])
- French (Professional Competences)
José Manuel Toquero Martín
(+34) (información oculta)
— ACADEMIC FORMATION & TRAINING —
Welcome! / Bienvenue! / ¡Bienvenidos!
– Master’s Degree: Professional and Institutional Translation. Faculty of Translation and Interpretation. University of Valladolid (Campus of Soria). Promotion: 2017-2018. Marks’ average: 7.617/10.
– Master’s Degree: Teacher of Secondary Education, Baccalaureate, Language Teaching and Professional Formation. Faculty of Education and Social Work. University of Valladolid. Promotion: 2016-2017. Marks’ average: 7.2/10.
– English Studies Degree. Faculty of Humanities. University of Valladolid. Promotion: 2012 – 2016. Marks’ average: 6.738/10.
– Superior Technician in Electrical Installations. Professional Formation (Highest level). I.P. Cristo Rey (Valladolid). Promotion 2008 – 2010. Marks’ average: 7.23/10.
– Baccalaureate of Sciences. Pío del Río Hortega High School. Arrabal de Portillo (Valladolid). Promotion: 2007. Marks’ average: 6.50/10 — SELECTIVITY TESTS (PAU): 5.83/10.
– Compulsory Secondary Education (CSE). Pío del Rio Hortega High School. Arrabal de Portillo (Valladolid). Promotion: 2005. Marks’ average: 8.50/10.
WORK EXPERIENCE RELATED TO THE FIELD
– September 2012 – Currently: Professional Translator (EN-FR-SP) / Bilingual Tutor / Copywriter & Editor / Audiovisual Producer at IDIOMAS J. TOQUERO.
– March 2011 – Brussels: Interpretation services offered in real contexts for all the members of a local Spanish football team during a journey of two weeks of length.
– October 2005 – Chatham (New York): Native Spanish Teacher in the USA.
— INFORMATICS —
– Office Pack – Windows (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access) – Level: Professional.
– SDL Trados Studio 2017 – Level: Professional.
– SDL Multiterm 2017 – Level: Professional
– MemoQ 8.3 – Level: Professional
– AutoCAD (Graphic Design Software) – Level: Intermedium
– Audacity (Audio Editing Software) – Level: Professional
– XSplit Broadcaster (Video Streaming Software) – Level: Professional
– Windows Movie Maker (Video Editing Software) – Level: Professional
– Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts (Video Call Softwares) – Level: Professional
Conozco a Jose desde la carrera de Ingeniería. Debo decir que es el primer compañero que se acercó y me pregunto cosas de compañeros y desde ese momento incluso desde de años seguimos manteniendo el contacto. Creo que con el tienes no solo a un profesor sino a un hermano mayor que te aconsejara y te motivara que creo que hoy en día esa actitud positiva es muy importante. Keep going forward my friend!
Un profesor genial!! Lo recomendaría a cualquiera que quiera mejorar su inglés!
José Manuel se caracteriza por su gran implicación y profesionalidad. Es un gran conocedor de su materia.
Es un gran profesor ya que se puede hablar de todos los temas en otro idioma, eso proporciona una dinámica increíble y además siempre se preocupa por el alumno. Siempre busca tu aprendizaje.
Recomendaría a José Manuel como docente, en primer lugar porque es buena persona y siempre intenta mirar por el bien del alumno, siendo eso para mí lo primordial, consigue que los alumnos se sientan cómodos y adapta sus clases a cada uno de ellos haciendo que estás sean amenas y a la vez muy didácticas, por supuesto remarcando también su alto nivel en la materia, lo cual le permite adaptarse a todos los niveles con gran facilidad. En resumen un gran profesor.
Nuestra experiencia con la asignatura de inglés de nuestra hija fue magnífica, subió su nivel y sus notas en poco tiempo, seguiremos con sus clases el próximo curso, es un chico serio y comprometido con sus clases y de total confianza, lo recomiendo al 100%!
Gran profesional y muy cercano con los niños.
"Jose M is a very resilient, hardworking person who is committed to work hard and achieve success in different areas as his working place and in his studies. He is a competent and academic person highly motivated towards his work. He is an excellent team worker and he will motivate and cooperate with people in his team to achieve their best interest."
José tiene mucha experiencia en el ámbito de la educación. Es una persona muy trabajadora que lucha por lo que quiere y siempre le pone las mejores ganas.
¿Buscas clases de inglés cerca de casa? Te presentamos una selección de anuncios de profes que te pueden ayudar. Superprof también te puede proponer clases de vocabulario - inglés si lo necesitas. Aprender ya no es un problema, ¡encuentra clases de comprensión oral - inglés para todos los gustos! Encontrar clases de comprensión escrita - inglés nunca había sido más fácil: vas a adorar aprender.
|En su domicilio||En tu domicilio||Por webcam|